For the safety of all animals that fly with us, we continually review our processes and make improvements to our animal travel procedures. Below are a few changes to our current policies and processes beginning June 1, 2020.
1. Sedation: American Airlines Cargo will no longer accept sedated or tranquilized cats or dogs for transport.
2. Kennel Requirements for International Shipments: “100 series” kennels will no longer be accepted for cats and dogs traveling internationally. The minimum kennel size requirement is the “200 series” kennel (L27”x W20”x H19”). All other size requirements will apply.
3. Dogs Traveling to the UK: A photo is required for all dogs going to the UK to confirm the kennel is the correct size. During the kennel screening process, the station will take an eye-level photo of the dog standing parallel to the kennel and email it internally for verification prior to acceptance. The dog must be able to sit, stand and turn around without touching the top or sides of the kennel.
· The height of the dog’s body must not exceed the height of the kennel.
· The length of the dog’s body must not exceed the length of the kennel.
Important schedule note:
Due to the reductions in our schedule, your preferred connections may not be available at this time and the aircraft type on continuing routes may have changed. Please be aware that options to book multiple segments or nonstop flights are limited due to these factors.
Summer Travel Reminder:
As we get closer to summer temperatures, please keep in mind we cannot accept warm-blooded Live Animals when the temperature will be above 85 degrees Fahrenheit at time of acceptance, in the connecting city or at the destination city at time of arrival.
As a reminder, we will not accept Live Animals from May 1 to Sept. 30 to, from, or through Phoenix, AZ (PHX), Las Vegas, NV (LAS), Tucson, AZ (TUS) and Palm Springs, CA (PSP).
Should you have any questions, please contact your sales representative or email us at .
We remain grateful for your partnership during this time.