Dear industry stakeholders,
For your information, attached is the Addendum I to the 46th Edition of the Live Animals Regulations (LAR).
The Addendum I contains amendments to the below LAR Chapters. These changes are effective as of 11th March, 2020 and will also be included in the next edition of the LAR 2021.
LAR Chapter 3 – Carrier Regulations
- Section 3.1.1 Carriage of Domestic Pets in Passenger Cabins as Accompanied Baggage
- Section 3.2 Specific Airline Variations
- Amendments to AF – Air France
- Changes from JJ – Tam Airlines to LA – LATAM Airlines Group S.A
- Amendments to LO - LOT-POLISH AIRLINES
- Creation of PR – Philippine Airlines
- Creation of VA – Virgin Australia
LAR Chapter 6 – Listing, Description and Sizes of Species
- Section 6.2 Alphabetical List of Animals—Common and Scientific Names, Container Requirements and CITES Protected Species
LAR Chapter 8 – Container Requirements
- CONTAINER REQUIREMENT 51
- CONTAINER REQUIREMENT 82
LAR Chapter 11 – Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
- Section 11.5.1 Decisions Resulting from the Conference of Parties
This information has also been posted on the IATA website https://www.iata.org/en/publications/store/live-animals-regulations/#tab-2
You may wish to circulate the enclosed information to your relevant staff involved in transport and handling of live animals.
In case of any questions or more information needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Head Special Cargo