ATA Migrations - February 2022
In this issue:
- ATA Annual Conference
- Webinar - An Update on The Revision of The Eu Legislation on The Protection of Animals During Transport
- New ATA Members
- In the News
JOIN US AT THE 48TH ANNUAL ATA CONFERENCE
Together Towards Tomorrow in Transportation
Virtual March 14-16, 2022
“This is a signature ATA gathering that everyone looks forward to each year and it will not disappoint,” says Alberto Torres, President of ATA. “Our agenda is packed with knowledgeable and engaging world class speakers who will inspire much thought and discussion.” Register today
- OIE standards on Animal Welfare: update on animal transport standards
- Transportation of Research Animals: The AAALAC International Perspective
- Need for Veterinary Involvement in the Airline Industry
- APHIS Aquaculture Updates
- Update on International Zoosanitary Issues Affecting Animal Trade
- Full conference agenda
Special thank you to our conference sponsors!
WEBINAR - AN UPDATE ON THE REVISION OF THE EU LEGISLATION ON THE PROTECTION OF ANIMALS DURING TRANSPORT
Date: February 28, 2022
Presenters: Stanislav Ralchev and Sandra Sanmartin, Policy Officers, European Commission
The EU Farm to Fork Strategy recognizes that better animal welfare improves animal health and food quality, reduces the need for medication and can help preserve biodiversity. In this context, the European Commission has launched the process to evaluate and revise the animal welfare legislation, including on animal transport, to align it with the latest scientific evidence, broaden its scope, make it easier to enforce and ultimately ensure a higher level of animal welfare.
During this webinar the Commission will provide an update on the state of play of the whole process.
NEW ATA MEMBERS
Please welcome the following NEW members to the ATA community! These members are as dedicated as you are to the promoting, providing, and educating for the safe and humane handling and transport of all animals worldwide.
- Equestrian Support Services PLT
- Ferndale Kennels and Cattery’s
- Sandy Paws
- Delta Airlines
- Azzabern Animal Transport Pty Ltd
- Brokbridge Animals
IN THE NEWS
ATA posts updated articles pertaining to the animal transport community from members, government agencies and other affiliate organizations under the NEWS page. Recent articles:
- APHIS Import Alert: Restrictions Imposed on Swine and Swine Commodities of North Macedonia Due to African Swine Fever
- APHIS Import Alert: HPAI Restrictions for Avian Commodities Originating from or Transiting Through the Republic of Moldova
- IATA Certifies Etihad Cargo For Live Animals Logistics
- New health certificate for Export of US Breeding Swine to Peru
Send us your articles of interest, news item, or video clip. Send it along to us!