46th Annual Conference - Gateways to the Future of Animal Transport
March 1 - 4, 2020 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hosted at the St. Regis Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi’s Finest Urban Resort
Sponsored by Etihad Airways
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our 46th annual conference that will feature experts covering equine, livestock, companion animal as well as zoological and research animal transport. This is your opportunity to come and network with industry experts, airlines, regulators as well as researchers and your colleagues. We will deliver sessions on cutting edge academic research, the latest technology and trends as well as some unique live animal shipments.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Etihad Airlines, UAE
- Mrs. Sara Bernhardt, Delta Airlines, USA
- Dr. Katrina Jahn, German Veterinary Clinic, UAE
- Dr. Mike Kitchen, German Veterinary Clinic, UAE
- Mr. Sam Quintelier, Brussels Airport, BEL
- Mr. Marc Roveri, Cargolux Airlines, LUX
- Dr. Jim Webster, AG Research, USA
- Mr. Frank Young, Dynasty Marine, USA
- ... (more names to follow shortly)
Speaker / Topic suggestions
The St. Regis Hotel - Abu Dhabi's Finest Urban Resort
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi merges authentic Arabian hospitality with more than a hundred years of bespoke St. Regis tradition. Crafted for modern connoisseurs who desire exceptional experiences The St. Regis Abu Dhabi brings distinctive St. Regis New York legacy to the captivating Arabian Address of Nation Towers on the Abu Dhabi Corniche, the social epicenter for royalty, the discerning traveller and luminaries in the art of living. Located at the heart of the Abu Dhabi Corniche, the hotel is directly connected to Nation Galleria Mall and is just minutes from Marina Mall and the sophisticated World Trade Center. It is also in the close vicinity of many of the embassies, oil and gas companies and other business institutions in the city.
Take advantage of the special ATA room block rate of 685.95 AED per night available till February 23, 2020
- Room rate includes breakfast at The Terrace restaurant as well as all applicable tourism/municipality/VAT and government taxes.
- The ATA rate is available from February 25 till March 8, 2020.
- Above rates are also available for those of you who wish to book a few nights extra before or after the Conference! Start date - February 25 with an end date of March 8, 2020.
Click here to make your room reservation on the St. Regis Reservation line.
We are proud to recognize outstanding contribution and leadership in the animal transportation industry at our annual conference and welcome nomination from our members as well as non members.
We are looking for nominees who exemplify excellence in animal transportation in the following categories:
- The Robert D. Campbell Memorial Award
This award is given to a person who has contributed outstanding organizational skills and ability in animal transport, in memoriam of Dr. Robert D. Campbell, USDA Port Veterinarian Miami, Florida.
- The International Award
Is given to a person or organization that has made outstanding contributions to the welfare of animals in international commerce.
- The Public Service Award
Is given to a government, person or industry organization that has made superior contributions to the humane transport of animals.
- The Animal Welfare Award
Is given to a person that has worked with the transport of animals and has exhibited an outstanding contribution in promoting animal welfare.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award
Is awarded to an individual who meets the following criteria:
- Internationally recognized in their field on a global basis (not just regional)
- Should reflect a minimum of 20 years of service to the field of animal transportation
- The recipient’s professional career should indicate a strong belief in the ideals and mission statement of the ATA toward the welfare of animals being transported
- The recipient should have contributed expert advice that encourages adequate protection of and humane and expeditious handling of worldwide live animal transport
- Unanimous vote of affirmation by the Board of Directors is required to ensure the efficacy of the prominence of this award
- Only an ATA member may nominate a person or organisation for this award.
- The ATA President’s Award
Is a special award of the ATA which is given to either an individual or entity which has provided the ATA and its Directors continuing help and assistance in the development of the ATA mission throughout the world.
If you would like to nominate someone who exemplifies excellence in animal transportation in one of the areas, please complete the submission form.
Submission deadline: January 3, 2020
Call for Posters
Abstract topics - Abstracts should be related to the transportation of animals as it relates to:
- Meat quality
- Environmental control
- Biosecurity guidelines
- Training programs
- New transport designs - Crate and trailers
- Technology relating to animal transport, monitoring etc.
Submission deadline: December 31, 2019
See the Sponsor tab - click here