Each year ATA is proud to recognize outstanding contributions and leadership in the animal transportation industry. Award categories vary on industry contribution and the full award description list is below. If you would like to nominate someone who exemplifies excellence in animal transportation in one of the areas, please complete the submission form at the end of the page.
The Robert D. Campbell Memorial is given to a person who has contributed outstanding organizational skills, and ability in animal transport, this award is given in memoriam of Dr. Robert D. Campbell, USDA Port Veterinarian in Miami, Florida.
The International Award is given to a person or organization that has made outstanding contributions to the welfare of animals in international commerce.
The Public Service Award is given to a government, person or industry organization that has made superior contributions to the humane transport of animals.
The ATA Animal Welfare Award is given to a person that has worked with the transport of animals and has exhibited an outstanding job in promoting animal welfare.
The ATA Lifetime Achievement Award is awarded to an individual who meets the following criteria:
- Internationally recognized in his/her/their field on a global basis (not just regional);
- Should reflect a minimum of 20 years of service to the field of animal transportation
- The recipient’s professional career should indicate a strong belief in the ideals and mission statement of the ATA toward the welfare of animals being transported;
- The recipient should have contributed expert advice that encourages adequate protection of and humane and expeditious handling of worldwide live animal transport
- Unanimous vote of affirmation by the Board of Directors is required to ensure the efficacy of the prominence of this award;
- Only an ATA member may nominate a person or group for this award.
The ATA President’s Award is a special award of the ATA which is given to either an individual or entity which has provided the ATA and its Directors continuing help and assistance in the development of the ATA mission throughout the world.
Submission deadline: January 3, 2020