45th Annual Conference
Uniting the World of Animal Transportation
31 March - 3 April, 2019
Hilton Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
ATA hopes you will join other transportation professionals in Budapest!
Check out the schedule of events. Dynamic presenters will be speaking on trending topics in the animal transportation arena.
Confirmed Presenters (to date):
- Andrea Gruber - IATA
- Grant Miller - Border Force CITES
- Michelle Owen, TRAFFIC/ROUTES
- Philippa Dyson, TRAFFIC/ROUTES
- Michael Koeck, Vienna Aqua Terra Zoo
- Joao Correia, Flying Shark
- Barbara Padalino, University of Hong Kong
- Amanda Whitfort, University of Hong Kong
- Endre Papp DMV, Sosto Zoo, Hungary
- Jaroslav Simek DMV, Prague Zoo, Czech Republic
- Cindy Buckmaster, Baylor College of Medicine
- Hannah Thompson-Weeman, Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Angus Currie DMV, Jet Pets
- Reinhard Bose, DVM, Labor Bose
- Judy Franco, Pfizer
- Gerlinde Hillebrandt, Salzburg Zoo, Austria
- Erik Hoekstra, Heering
- Ben Lakerveld, VRR Aviation
- Sorine Quaade Moller, DVM, FødevareKøbenhavn
- Robert Mullan, PhD, US CDC
- Endre Papp, DVM, Sosto Zoo, Hungary
- David Rae, Jet Pets
- Marc Roveri, Cargolux
- Kendra Stauffer, PhD US CDC
- Dirk Ullrich, Alpenzoo, Innsbruck, Austria
- Amanda Whitfort, PhD, University of Hong Kong
- James Webster, PhD, AgResearch in New Zealand
Market your business with the opportunities still available!!!
There are a number of sponsorship opportunities available during the conference. See the link below for all of the sponsorship opportunities available. If you have interest in additional sponsorship opportunities that aren't listed, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Exhibit opportunities are available to assist your company the chance to gain exposure to those attending the conference.
Abstract topics - Abstracts should be related to the transportation of animals as it relates to:
Register online now for the EARLY-BIRD pricing (USD)!
Early-Bird deadline: February 22, 2019
Castle District hotel with stunning views of Budapest
Stay at the newly renovated Hilton Budapest and have it all - a central location, stylish guest rooms, Executive Lounge and gorgeous views of the historic city and River Danube. Located in the Royal Castle District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel pairs its 16th-century look with today's amenities for a special stay. We have dining options, event spaces and thoughtful service, everything you need for a remarkable stay in Budapest.
Take advantage of the ATA room block rate (EURs) until February 20, 2019:
|Single occupancy||Double Occupancy|
|Superior Danube View King/Twin||195||215|
* Room rates quoted above include all applicable taxes and American style Hilton breakfast in LANG restaurant.
* Above rates are also available for those of you who wish to book a few nights extra before or after the Conference !
Reservations - click here for direct access to Hilton Reservation line.
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
To assist in planning your trip, please review the tourist brochures below:
Some highlighted attractions:
Andrassy Avenue Dominican Churchyard Fisherman’s Bastion Gellert Thermal Bath Hospital in the Rock Museum Hungarian State Opera House Jewish Heritage Museum Labyrinth of the Castle Caves Margaret Island Matthias Church Millennium Underground Railway Museum of Applied Arts Museum of Fine Arts Royal Castle District Secret Military Hospital and Bunker Szechenyi Thermal Bath
29 March through 21 April, 2019
The Budapest Spring Festival takes place in April each year. Besides Hungarian artists, numerous international stars perform during the 3 and half – week event. The largest and most prestigious cultural festival in Budapest attracts many classical music, opera and jazz fans from all around the world. The festival has developed into one of Europe’s major cultural events with a series of opera, concert, ballet and theatrical performances. You can choose from around 120 programs at around 40 venues, including various public places, squares, parks and streets where you can bump into a performance or program of some kind, like the Opening Parade.
River Rides - A sightseeing bus turns into a boat and floats on the Danube
Each year ATA is proud to recognize outstanding contributions and leadership in the animal transportation industry. Award categories vary on industry contribution and the full award description list is below.
If you would like to nominate someone who exemplifies excellence in animal transportation in one of the areas, please complete the submission form.
Presented TRACK BREAKOUT SESSIONS